Product Warranty, Disclaimer & Conditions of Sale
OBD X-Box Product Warranty, Disclaimer and Conditions of Sale
OBD X-BOX LTD warrants to its customers that this product will be free from all defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of the original purchase, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Our obligations under this warranty are limited to replacing either defective parts or the unit entirely at the company’s discretion.
- This warranty does not cover any unit that has been tampered with, damaged, abused, altered, used for a purpose other than that for which it is intended, or used in a manner inconsistent with instructions regarding its use.
- In no event shall OBD X-BOX LTD be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost profit) whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory.
- The existence of a defect shall be determined by OBD X-BOX LTD in accordance with procedures established by OBD X-BOX LTD.
- This extended warranty covers the OBD X-BOX only and specifically excludes the wiring harnesses which are wearing components.
- OBD X-BOX LTD will however, include a 12-months warranty on the harnesses and in the event of a non-damage fault occurring within this period, the harness will be replaced free of charge.
- The warranty applies for 2 years from the date of purchase and any claims must be accompanied by a copy of the initial sale invoice when the unit is returned to OBD X-BOX LTD or their approved distributor.
- OBD-X-BOX LTD will not accept any postage costs which are the responsibility of the claimant.
- Applicable OBD-X-BOX updates will be made available on-line and free of charge for every unit.
No one is authorized to make any statement or representation altering the terms of this warranty.
- The above warranty is in lieu of any other warranty, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and does not retract from rights under the UK sale of goods act or other such legal requirement of any country where the unit is sold.
- The OBD X BOX is intended for and should only be used or installed by Motor Trade Industry Professionals and is not available for sale to the general-public. If incorrectly used it could cause Engine, Catalyst, DPF, Can Bus or even ECU damage. This is a seriously powerful tool and should be treated with the respect it deserves, if you do not fully understand how Engine Management Systems work, you must not attempt to use one.
- Before using the OBD X BOX it is essential you have access to a Manufacturer specific diagnostic tool able to communicate with the vehicle you are about to connect to. In some extreme and unlikely situations, you may need to carry out Manufacturer ECU code deletes and resets for engine management system errors that may have resulted in you connecting the OBD X BOX.
- When used as a diagnostic tool, extreme caution should be taken not to override the Engines “Limp Mode” safety feature for long periods as this could cause damage. For example, blocked Diesel Particulate filters could catch fire, sticking Turbo’s could over boost and potentially cause air leaks, overriding faulty exhaust temperature sensors could cause engines to detonate or exhaust components to melt due to excess heat. Deleting misfire error codes on petrol engines could cause irreversible Catalyst damage.
- As an industry professional you should be aware of the consequences of removing the vehicles own safety mode. The EML is telling you something is wrong so please only use the OBD X BOX to your advantage and be careful not to cause any additional or preventable damage.
- Before permanently installing a Fix Assist OBD-X-BOX to any vehicle, any obvious faults must first be repaired in the normal way, these are often simple to diagnose and repair. The OBD-X-BOX is intended to be fitted permanently only when dealing with intermittent less important soft faults that prove difficult or too expensive to repair and do not affect the engines performance or driveability.
- Please remember, the (EML) Engine Management Light is your friend, you may not think so at times, but it is there to tell you that something is wrong, how you choose to deal with it is up to you.
- The deal is, we supply the tool with all its available features, but you choose how to programme it at your own risk.
- OBD-X-BOX Ltd will not be held responsible for any settings or code deletions selected by the installer that may result in consequential damage. Technicians must accept all responsibility as to how they programme the code delete devices and at their own risk.
- OBD-X-BOX LTD shall not be held responsible or liable for any damage whatsoever, to either the engine, it’s electronics or any other consequential damage, which may be caused by misuse of the device.
- Agreeing to use this device is no different to you purchasing and using an engine software remapping tool as both types of devices allow you to make vehicle operational changes. It is up to the installer to decide what changes can be made safely and not the equipment supplier, we only provide the means and not the settings, these are at your discretion.
- The OBD X-BOX will only be supplied on the understanding that you agree to all the above terms.
I fully understand and agree with the above conditions before using the OBD-X-BOX
- Unit software is proprietary, confidential information protected under copyright law.
- Users have no right in, or title to, Unit software other than a limited right of use revocable by OBD X-BOX LTD.
- Unit software may not be transferred or disclosed without written consent of OBD X-BOX LTD.
- Unit software may not be copied except in ordinary backup procedures.
- OBD X-BOX LTD will not pass your details on to any other party without your specific consent.
However, OBD X-BOX LTD may wish to contact you in the future with details of any upgrades or enhancements that have been released, which in most cases will be available free of any additional charge.